What is 10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.0.1?
10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.0.1 addresses are most commonly used IP for routers. 10.0.0.1 is a private IP address.
If you want to access the router management interface which is called the router admin panel in layman terms then 10.0.0.1 IP is used.
Once logged in to admin panel then the user can change/manage various settings of the router like the
- Change SSID (name) of your network.
- Configure a variety of wireless network settings in your router’s web interface such as wireless channel and band
- Changing the username and password used to access your router’s administration interface.
- Set up parental controls, website blocking, and access scheduling. You can also use the router’s firewall rules to allow inbound or outbound traffic on specific network ports.
- Find which other computers are connected to your router
- Many routers contain quality of service, or QoS, features. You can configure these also from the admin panel accessed using 10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.0.1
- Enabling or disabling remote administration for the router. Allowing remote administration enables the administrator to configure the router from a computer remotely (outside the network).
- Changing the domain name servers (DNS) used by the router.
What Can You Do With 10.0.0.1 IP Address
To access the router administration interface, one has to enter 10.0.0.1 in the browser’s address bar. The router admin page will prompt for the username and password.
Usually, the default credentials are usually mentioned with the router and one can log in with those.
Now, you can access the setup panel and configure it.
There are a lot of things that you can manage from the administrator page.
- IP QoS
- DNS and Proxy
- DHCP Client
- Security settings
- LAN, WAN and WLAN settings
How To Login Into Comcast Xfinity ® Router/Wifi Network Login
There are many reasons one might need to access their Comcast Xfinity router. Sometimes for changing the wireless password for security purposes or to port forward a device or server through the internet connection to unblock ports.
Port forwarding is useful for running servers that need to broadcast over the internet and also for game consoles one needs to unblock ports. For fixing these problems you don’t need to call for technical support.
Listed below are the few basic steps to login into Comcast router or modem:
- Make a proper connection to your network: Connect your PC to the cable of the router or wireless network. Connect the router cables even if you are using a wireless connection to prevent the risk of any failure.
- IP Address: 10.0.0.1 is used as Comcast Router Gateway login address. Open any web browser and type 10.0.0.1 in the address bar. Now this will bring up a login screen. Try 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 if 10.0.0.1 doesn’t work. You can also check the IP address by opening the command prompt.You can open the command prompt either by searching cmd in the Start menu or by using keys Windows+R.
The command prompt will be open, now type ipconfig and press Enter. Now you can find wireless router IP address under wireless LAN adopters in default gateway.
- Username and password: After entering the IP address you will be directed to the login page.
Login credentials that can be used are. Default values for Username:
• AdminDefault values for Password:
• W2402These are the default values used, so make sure you haven’t changed the password earlier. If while logging in to 10.0.0.1, you don’t remember the correct credentials, then you can search for default credentials list for the most routers in the table below. You can search for the router name and find the default username/password.
- Configuration page: After you login successfully you will be directed to the configuration page. Now here you can manage the network and the router settings. Here you can change the password and update other settings like port forwarding. For port forwarding, you need to go to the advanced option and there you can change the settings.
Troubleshooting Login Problems
Following are the problems that people face while accessing the login page very often.
1) Router Login Failed: If you can’t log into Xfinity router then probably you would be entering wrong username or password. Remember username and passwords are case sensitive. If you have changed your password earlier then default one will not help you out. Also, keep a check on the IP address.
2) Forgot Login Password: Try hard resetting the router login. Press and hold the small black color button at the back of your router for 10 seconds to reset your router to factory settings.
The other way you can reset the settings to default is:
• Using a bent paper clip or something with a thin, pointy tip press into the recessed reset button located in your router for about 30-40 seconds.
• Wait until the lights blink off and turn back on again, then release.
3) Router Login Page Not Loaded: If there is a problem in loading the login page. Make sure the device is connected to the wi-fi. You shall also need to check the Comcast router IP address. Best way is to find via command prompt.
Hope it helps!!