Earlier, Pace Plc was a British brand that used to make set-top boxes. Then they were merged with the Arris group and now manufactures routers. Their one of the best routers is the model Pace 5268AC router. It is enabled with gigabit Wifi and has 4-gigabit ETH-ports but no USB ports.
When it comes to router the foremost thing to take care of is security. For configuring the settings and securing it you need to log in to the gateway of 5268ac and make necessary changes.
Pace wireless 802.11AC DSL Residential Gateway is another name of Pace 5268AC. Under this article, you will find how to login into the dashboard of the router and also get the solution to the most common problems faced by the users and occurs in your Pace router.
The Pace 5268 is one of the gateways used for the Fusion DSL and the primary gateway for Gigabit Fiber customers.
Before trying to log in the default gateway to log in the Pace router you will require a few things beforehand which includes:
- A system properly connected to the router where you can access any local web browser. (Avoid using a smartphone or tablet as it hinders the login)
- It is recommended to keep the router box with yourself as it has username and password on it which will help you to log in.
Steps to Log into Pace 5268AC
Step 1: Enter the Pace Router Login IP address
The first step for logging in to the router is entering the IP address of your router. Every router has a login IP address(generally unique) which allows you to access their default gateway.
The IP address for Pace 5268AC: http://192.168.1.254
Open any local browser on your system and enter the above IP address in the search bar and hit enter.
Step 2: Enter Login Details
As you will enter the correct login details you will be redirected to the default login page of the Pace router. Here you will be asked to enter the login details which will include username and password. Now you are required to enter the username and password,
- Default username: none
- Default Password: none
In case you are logging in for the first time you have to enter the default login credentials which are usually printed on the box of the router.
If you have changed it earlier or don’t have the router box with you, then you can simply reset the router by press-and-hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. Once it is reset, you can use the default login details. Another way is to access the official site of Pace router, which is now part of Arris and there you can get the default username and password.
Step 3: Change the SSID
SSID is the abbreviation of Service Set Identifier. SSID is basically the name of wifi stations which is visible when you click on the network tab. It would be PACE 501 or PACE501_5G by default.
It is highly recommended to change the SSID because if left unchanged it may be dangerous as default credentials can be assumed easily. This will easily allow the hacker to use your data.
For changing the SSID, look for the SSID or network name tab and change it.
While changing SSID you should keep it to a user-friendly name such that it’s hard to assume the default credentials of the router.
- Keep it short and simple
- Don’t make it very quirky as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information as the name of your router as it is easy to assume
Step 4: Change the PACE PLC 5268AC Login Details
As you enter the correct login details you will be directed to the router’s dashboard where you can change several settings. Here it is highly recommended that you should change the default login details as the same information can be assumed easily and anyone can consume your web and can also cause possibly harm your data.
Following things should be kept in mind while changing the username and password,
Tips to change your username and password:
- The password should be a mixture of alphanumeric characters that is must contain both numbers and alphabets
- The length of password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- After changing, username and password for PACE5268AC needs to be written down somewhere for future use
Step 5: Secure PACE 5268AC router settings
After changing the SSID and default login details you have to provide more security to your router by changing its encryption settings. As you log in to the default gateway of PACE5268AC, find the encryption settings of your network. It is recommended to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
FAQs of PACE 5268AC
1) PACE 5268AC Password is not working
This happens usually in two cases. First is that you might not be entering the correct password which was earlier changed or second can be that you are not aware of the default password. In either case, you need to figure out the default password for PACE5268AC. If you have changed password earlier, then first reset the router and then enter the default login details. You can also contact your ISP for default login details.
2) Forgot Password of PACE 5268AC
In case, you never changed the default password or got just the new one then you can easily get it from the router’s box or even the customer care of Arris or your local ISP. In case you didn’t remember the login details you changed, then go for the reset option. After resetting you can use the default login details to set a new password. Make sure you note it down somewhere after changing it.
3) How to reset PACE 5268AC router
The process to reset the PACE router is simple.
- Whenever you power on the router, find the reset button. Now press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds using a paper clip or some pointed object so that it triggers the reset function as its a tiny hole.
- Power off the router and hold it for 30 seconds while you hold the reset button
- Do not free the reset button. And while holding it, turn on the power unit and hold it for 30 seconds.
NOTE: Maintain the process for up to 90 seconds. Eventually, you will be able to reset the router.