An electronics company, Billion Electric Co. Ltd. based in Taiwan manufactures ADSL modems and routers. Its Billion 800VGT router model is a great router that includes a firewall feature that keeps the router safe and secure so that there are no unwanted attempts made to your router.
For accessing the settings or to make necessary changes you require to login into the router. After log in to the router settings, you can make changes to allow incoming connections.
Billion 800VGT router is a series of the router that is a great choice for both home and small offices. This router can serve a great purpose if your need is to connect a few systems together and engage in a network. This router also allows you to use port forwarding inside your router by making some changes using a virtual server.
Under this article, you will find detailed information on how to log in to the router and the solutions to the common issues faced by the users.
Before trying to login into this router you must make sure that you are equipped with the following things:
- It is recommended to keep the router box as it contains the default username and password which will help you to login
- You have a system properly connected to the router where you can access the web over a browser(Avoid using Tablet or Smartphone to login)
Steps to Login into the Billion 800VGT Router
Step 1: Open The Browser
The first thing that you will require to login is the IP address of your router. Open any local browser on your system and enter the login IP address 10.0.0.2 for 2Wire router in the URL box and hit enter.
You can simply copy-paste this address http://10.0.0.2
NOTE: Make sure that you are properly connected to your home wifi while doing this step. Also, enter the IP address with utmost care as if any mistake occurs while typing will cause an error.
Step 2: Enter Login Details
As you enter the correct IP address of your router you will be prompted with a login page asking your username and password.
Since you are entering the router settings, you will have to enter the default username and password in case you are logging in for the first time or haven’t changed the default credentials.
You can find the default login details on the box of your router Billion 800VGT model or the default credentials that can be used are:
- Default Username:admin
- Default Password: admin
PS: If you have changed the default details and didn’t remember the login details then you need to reset the router. Just press-and-hold reset button for 15 seconds using a sharp object.
It has been found that the above username-password combination was correct in 79% cases.
Step 3: Change the Billion 800VGT Login Details
Only changing SSID doesn’t provide you all security you also need to change the default username and password so that your router becomes more secure from unknown attempts.
As you will login you will be directed to the dashboard of the router where you have to find the option of change username and password.
Following are the tips to change the default login details:
Tips to change your username and password:
- The password should be a mixture of alphanumeric characters which includes both numbers and alphabets along with some special characters.
- The length of the password should be from 8 to16 characters, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password changed for Thomson ACG905 router needs to be written down somewhere for future use
Step 4: Change SSID
SSID is called a Service Set Identifier. SSID is basically the name of the network that is visible to you whenever you open the network tab for connecting to wi-fi. The name or SSID that appears is set as the brand name which manufactures the router by default.
It is highly recommended to change the default SSID as if it is left unchanged anyone can guess the default details and enter router settings.
- Make it short and simple yet hard to guess
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router as it can easily be guessed
Step 5: Secure Billion 800VGT router settings:
When you enter correct login details you will be directed to the default gateway of the router where you will find various setting options, search for the encryption settings of your network. It is suggested that you should set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. This ensures that your router will operate at the best security level possible.
FAQs of Billion 800VGT router
1. Billion 800VGT Password Doesn’t Work
In case you are logging in for the first time then the default password is the word “admin”. You can also find the default login credentials on the box of your router. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you might have changed the default password. In this case, go for the reset option. For resetting, press-and-hold reset button for 15 seconds using a pointed object.
2. Forgot Password to Billion 800VGT Router
First of all, try hard to remember but if you can’t remember then you may try to contact the ISP or Thomson router forums and look for a different set of default passwords to be used. If nothing works, go for the reset option and then use the default login details to log in. Make sure that whenever you change the password you keep a note of it for future use.
3. How to Reset the Billion 800VGT Router To Default Settings
For resetting the Billion router to default settings you have to reset the router which is quite simple. Just press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds using a pointed object like a pin or a clip. After resetting, your settings will be restored to default.
You can follow the below-given steps to reset your router:
- When the router is power on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds using a paper clip or pointed object
- Unplug the power of the router while holding the reset button pressed and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- Turn on the power while still holding the reset button to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.