Arris has always manufactured the finest routers and modems of all times. Their latest model is the Touchstone TG1682G telephony gateway which is a router that provides 4 Ethernet connections. Arris TG1682G Router is great for both home or office LAN. You will get 802.11a/b/g/n/ac connectivity and also two separate lines of telephone service.
Under this article, you will get the information on how to login to the Arris router default gateway. The Touchstone TG1682G gateways are DOCSIS compliant and have an amazing speed faster than the cable modems. The Arris TG1682G router is also integrated with MoCA 2.0 home networking making it great for home network usage. The router also has USB port for external USB support.
- System Requirements:
- CPU: P4, 3GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB or greater
- Hard drive:7200 RPM or faster
- Ethernet: Gig-E (1000BaseT)
- It is recommended to keep the router box as it contains the default username and password which will help you to login
- You have a system properly connected to the router where you can access the web over a browser(Avoid using Tablet or Smartphone to login)
Ways to Connect Arris TG1682G with your Computer
- Wired Connection: The router provides you an Ethernet cable through which you can connect the router to your system. In case you want to connect multiple routers, in that case, you can use an Ethernet hub.
- Wireless Connection: Arris TG1682G Router comes with a wireless LAN standard which allows multiple computers to access the router using a wireless signal. Ensure that your system has a wireless card for the same.
Both the connection methods can be used in one go.
Login Steps for Arris TG1682G Router
Step 1: Enter the IP Address
The first thing that you will require to login is the IP address of your router. Open any local browser on your system and enter the login IP address 10.0.0.1 for this router in the URL box and hit enter.
You can simply copy-paste this address http://10.0.0.1
NOTE: Make sure that you are properly connected to your home wifi while doing this step. Also, enter the IP address with utmost care as if any mistake occurs while typing will cause an error.
Step 2: Enter Login Details on Default Gateway
As you enter the correct IP address of your router you will be prompted with a login page asking your username and password.
Since you are entering the router settings, you will have to enter the default username and password in case you are logging in for the first time or haven’t changed the default credentials.
You can find the default login details on the box of your router model or the default credentials that can be used are:
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: password
PS: If you have changed the default details and didn’t remember the login details then you need to reset the router. Just press-and-hold reset button for 15 seconds using a sharp object.
Step 3: Change the SSID
SSID is called as Service Set Identifier. SSID is basically the name of the network that is visible to you whenever you open the network tab for connecting to wi-fi. The name or SSID that appears is set as the brand name which manufactures the router by default.
It is highly recommended to change the default SSID as if it is left unchanged anyone can guess the default details and enter router settings.
- Make it short and simple yet hard to guess
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router as it can easily be guessed
Step 4: Change the Arris TG1682G Login Details
Only changing SSID doesn’t provide you all security you also need to change the default username and password so that your router becomes more secure from unknown attempts.
As you will login you will be directed to the dashboard of the router where you have to find the option of change username and password.
Following are the tips to change the default login details:
Tips to change your username and password:
- The password should be a mixture of alphanumeric characters which includes both numbers and alphabets along with some special characters.
- The length of the password should be from 8 to16 characters, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password changed for Thomson ACG905 router needs to be written down somewhere for future use
Step 5: Secure Arris TG1682G router settings
When you enter correct login details you will be directed to the default gateway of the router where you will find various setting options, search for the encryption settings of your network. It is suggested that you should set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. This ensures that your router will operate at the best security level possible.
Also read: Steps to Login into Arris TG3482G Router
1. Arris TG1682G Password Doesn’t Work
In case you are logging in for the first time then the default password is the word “password”. You can also find the default login credentials on the box of your router. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you might have changed the default password. In this case, go for the reset option. For resetting, press-and-hold reset button for 15 seconds using a pointed object.
2. Forgot Password to Arris TG1682G Router
First of all, try hard to remember but if you can’t remember then you may try to contact the ISP or Thomson router forums and look for a different set of default passwords to be used. If nothing works, go for the reset option and then use the default login details to log in. Make sure that whenever you change the password you keep a note of it for future use.
3. How to Reset the Arris TG1682G Router To Default Settings
For resetting the router to default settings you have to reset the router which is quite simple. Just press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds using a pointed object like a pin or a clip. After resetting, your settings will be restored to default.