Most of the broadband routers and modem manufactured by various companies use 192.168.11.1 as their IP address. This IP address is used to configure the settings of these devices on the user computer.
The IP address 192.168.11.1 comes under the IP range booked from IANA (Internet Assigned Number Authority) and is a private IP address that is used for specific purposes. For connecting to the Internet Network Address Translation is required by a private network. There are no conflicts and no-one else can log in to your network is ensured by a private IP address. This private IP address is used to communicate with networking devices across private networks.
Private networks are getting more and more popular. According to recent news, IANA has reserved many special address blocks for the next generation of IPv6 addresses. Many corporates use private IP addresses for security reasons. For such a private IP address, there is restricted access to the internet and often a proxy is required to access the web.
Step 1- How To Login
- Enter URL – The very first thing for logging in to your router is to open any browser. Then in the search box type the Ip address correctly or click on the link http://192.168.11.1
Now, click the ‘Enter’ button to proceed to the next step.
- Login Page – As you press enter you will be directed to the login page. A new window will appear on your screen which will ask you to enter the login credentials. Here enter the default username and password, if you had not changed the login credentials earlier. If you had changed the security settings earlier, then use the changed login credentials.
- Home Page – As you enter the login credentials you will be directed to the home page of your router. Here you can configure different settings as per your needs.
Step 2 – Username & Password
Every router and modem have login credentials and an IP address that allows you to access the settings. 192.168.11.1 is a private IP address that can be used to access the settings of some routers like TP-Link, 2Wire, ADSL routers, Buffalo, 3Com routers and Westell ADSL modems are few of them.
To access the default login gateway, you will require:
- A system which is connected to the home Wifi that means a proper internet connection
- A system where you can access a browser
Enter the username and password
As you will come on the login page you will require username and password. If you have just got a new router with a private IP address then you must have the default username and password. You can find the username and password on the back of the router box. Use the below column to find out the default username and password:
PS: Usually the login credentials that are username and password are printed on the back of the box of the router. If you don’t have the router box with you, you are left with one option that is rest. For resetting use a sharp-pointed object like a pin. Using it press-and-hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. Once reset, you can use the default login details. Another way is to access the official site of Pace router, now part of Arris and get the default username and password.
Step 3 – Change the SSID
It is recommended that you change the SSID (Service Set Identifier) even if you are using a private IP address for your network. SSID is the name of the network visible to others in your private radar.
Tips: Remember the following points while changing SSID,
- Keep it short and simple
- Don’t make it very odd as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information as the name of your router
Step 4 – Change the default username and password
It may be a private IP address but you need to always ensure you make your connection secure by changing the default credentials. Follow the below tips while changing the details.
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for 192.168.11.1 IP address needs to be written down somewhere
PS: For the IP address 192.168.11.1 it is found that the username was root in 40% of the cases.
1) Why can’t I connect to router: http://192.168.11.1 or chrome won’t access 192.168.11.1
Most people can’t connect to the default login gateway because of a typing error. You need to make sure there is no semicolon but a colon after http or https. The correct address is http://192.168.11.1, the other reason could be that this may not be the correct IP address of your router.
2) How do I change the password for 192.168.11.1
- First Access the gateway using 192.168.11.1, Enter the username and password and see for WiFi setting(methods differ as per the router/modem), If you have direct TV & wifi then use a home network and choose the wireless option. Type in Device Code when requested (found on side of the gateway). You can change the name, SAVE
- To change the default password, users need to select WPA/PSK encryption settings which will highlight the grayed out password. Now Change password and save.
3) Forgot IP address username and password
Whenever you purchase a new router or mode, you get the default credentials that are printed over the box or are mentioned on the manual. You can also contact the ISP(Internet Service Provider) to get the default credentials.
Fix 1: Now, if you have never changed the default username and password, you can use the below table to find out the details of your router.
Fix 2: if you have already changed the default username and password, then you need to reset the router so that you can use the default credentials once again.
Steps to reset a router:
Warning: If you reset your router, it will erase all the previous saved details and settings. It will turn your router into a new arrival from the factory.
Following are the steps to be followed for resetting the router:
- Firstly turn off the router.
- Now using a pointed object like needle or pin press-and-hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds and then turn on the router. Keep pressing the reset button until the router is turned on for 10-15 seconds
- Then release the button and let the router to reboot
- Now connect to the router using a wifi connection and or a network cable. Now you can use default login credentials to access the settings page.
4) What is the fix for http://192.168.11.1/mypage.asp won’t load?
Check the IP address your PC is receiving in the command prompt. Open the command prompt using run command i.e. Windows+R or by searching in the Start menu. When the command prompt is open type ipconfig. Now you can find the IP address under default gateway.
Your routers could be in Bridge mode, because of which default IP is changed into 192.168.11.100
Router mode is 192.168.11.1, check the switch on the back of the router.
If your IP address is 192.168.11.100 then the router is in bridge mode, or your computer is not plugin right;
- Make sure that your internet modem is plugged into the WAN port on the router(the port closest to power)
- Then plug your computer into one of the four grouped LAN ports
- Reset your router
- Now reboot your computer
5) 192.168.11.1 not responsive or Can’t reach my router at 192.168.11.1
This issue may be due to either some error with the cables or the issue with your router. For cables, check if everything is in place else contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).