Another very popular default gateway of wi-fi routers and modems is 192.168.100.1
This IP address can be used to configure the router and most of the wifi routers or modem.
For directly entering the configuration page of the router you can use 192.168.100.1 IP address.
If your modem doesn’t support 192.168.100.1 routers gateway, you can also use various other popular portals which are similar to 192.168.100 like 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 which is supported by most of the routers.
192.168.100.1 or 192.168.l00.1 is registered by IANA as a private IP address used for private purposes only. This IP address comes under the IPv4 range which is assigned to the available devices inside a local network. To access the admin tools routers can be assigned 192.168.100.1 as the default IP address. The 192.168.100.1 IP address is mostly used by Netgear, Huawei, and ARRIS to access the default routers configuration page.
An administrator can manually assign 192.168.100.1 IP to devices like laptop, smart TV, phone, desktop computer, Chromecast or tablet using DHCP.
How to login into 192.168.100.1?
Following steps should be followed to login into 192.168.100.1 IP address:
- Open Any Browser: Firstly, open any local browser on your system. It is recommended that use Google Chrome.
- IP Address: Now enter the IP address 192.168.100.1 in the URL, you can simply copy-paste https://192.168.100.1
After this, you will be directed to the login page.
In case you wish to change this IP address because of address clash. There are two ways to change it
- Using the web page settings
- Using a setup CD
What 192.168.100.1 is used for?
The 192.168.100.1 IP address, helps you make any necessary changes in your router. The 192.168.100.1 IP address also helps you to modify the default settings of the router.
The 192.168.100.1 IP address provides a GUI based user interface to access the router’s module with ease.
For making any changes to your router, an IP address is needed that allows you to log in to the settings. It is similar to getting inside the master settings of a device with the help of login credentials.
After logging in to the router, you can change important credentials like username and password, changing the SSID and strengthening security.
Problems faced while logging into 192.168.100.1
Forgetting IP address
There is a common problem that people forget the IP address. Then you can either try hard to find the changed credentials but if you can’t then reset your router. Follow the below steps so that you can reuse the router using the default username and password.
- Take a sharp-pointed object
- Insert it into the reset button for 30 seconds
- Plug the router back and restart
- Enter the default credentials
This error means that the site can’t be reached. In this case, follow the given points:
- Check the connection: Check the internet connectivity and also look for the wires, electricity and the connection network.
- Check the proxy and firewall: It happens that sometimes a firewall may prevent the users from accessing the webpage.
Below are the possible causes due to which you are not able to connect
- IP address is different than 192.168.1.1 like 10.0.0.0.1 or 126.96.36.199.1 Type the IP address very correctly
- The router is switched off
- Lan cable is disconnected
Wifi or Lan connection is disabled
- Wifi or Lan connection has malfunctioned
3) How to find a default username and password?
The default username and password are usually mentioned in the router box so it can be found there. Try using the most common default credentials like
- Username: Username
- Password: password
Else use our drop-down menu and see for the default credentials by choosing your router brand.
4) Can I connect to a default gateway (192.168.100.1) using a static IP address (10.0.0.12)? What will be the subnet mask value?
This is not possible because to make it happen your IP address and your gateway will have to be on the same subnet. So, in case you wish to use 10.0.0.12, your Gateway has to be 10.0.0.1. If your Gateway is 192.168.100.1, you need to use IP Addresses starting from 192.168.100.2 which depend on the Subnet Mask
5) Can no longer access 192.168.100.1
This is a very common problem that people can’t access the IP address 192.168.100.1
To get rid of this problem, you need to look for the IP address from your command prompt and see for yourself.
If you are on a windows system then begin by opening the command prompt.
- Go to RUN, open CMD or press Windows+R
- Type ipconfig and you need to go down to default gateway. Now here you can find the address of your router.
- Usually, the IP addresses are 192.168.1.1, 192.168.50.1 or 192.168.100.1