10.0.0.2 is an IP address found on many local computer networks, but mainly business networks. Business based network routers keep their default gateway address to be 10.0.0.1 while assigned 10.0.0.2 as subnet for clients. 10.0.0.2 Serves as a default gateway for login for Zoom, Edimax, Siemens, Micronet.
A subnetwork or subnet is a logical subdivision of an IP address. In a private network, to avoid any network conflict and to provide ease of communication inside a network IP address starts from 10.0.0.2
Computers and other devices supporting DHCP receive their IP address automatically from a router. The router assigns the pooled address in sequential order though, the order is not guaranteed. Thus, 10.0.0.2 is commonly assigned to the first client on a local network that connects to the router based at 10.0.0.1
Use Of 10.0.0.2 Router Login
The first feature it provides is that its admin login page enables to access the router along with Wi-fi username and password.
Other than this it allows us to make the following access:
- IP QoS: IP Quality of Service(IPQoS) enables us to prioritize, control, and gather accounting statistics. Using IPQoS, you can provide consistent levels of service to users of your network. We can also manage traffic to avoid network congestion. So 10.0.0.2 router login allows you to set bandwidth for computers to avoid heavy load.
- DNS and Proxy Settings: Domain Name System(DNS)is a network system of servers that translates a numeric IP address into readable, hierarchical internet address that is it converts a domain name into the machine-readable address. Proxy means the medium for connection between two endpoint devices.
- WPS: Wifi protection system(WPS) is a network security standard to create a secure wireless home network that helps make wireless communication faster, secure and more efficient.
- MAC Address: It provides a unique address among the hardware devices connected to each other in a network.
- LAN, WAN & WLAN settings: It helps you configure different types of area-based networks. You can use 10.0.0.2 DNS for setting the security settings.
- DHCP: Dynamic host configuration protocol allows the server to automatically assign a different address in a sequential manner.
- PPPoE: Point-to-Point over Ethernet(PPPoE), it is a protocol used to establish a DSL connection to the internet.
How to Access the 10.0.0.2 Admin Login Page?
To log in and to access admin page follow the given steps:
1) IP Address
Open any browser on your system and in the address bar type 10.0.0.2 and press enter.
2) Login Page
As you will enter the IP address a login page will be opened.
3) Login Credentials
You will be asked the username and password. Enter login credentials.
4) Configuration Page
After you entered the login credentials you will be directed to the configuration page. It is also possible with some brands that you would not be asked login credentials and you will be redirected directly to the configuration page.
If you have forgotten your password do a force restart to your router which will configure the router to factory settings.
Reset The Wireless Router Password
Following are the steps to reset the settings to default –
- Using a bent paper clip or something with a thin, pointy tip press into the recessed reset button located in your router for about 30-40 seconds.
- Wait until the lights blink off and turn back on again, then release. Now you can use the default login credentials.
- Search for your router’s default username and password in the following table and use them to login to your router.
10.0.0.2 Login Steps
- Open any browser and type http://10.0.0.2 in the address bar and press enter.
- As you press enter a login page will be opened. Enter the username and password.
- After you enter the login credentials you will be directed to the router settings.
Forgot Telekom Wifi Password
Telekom routers are the best for home and small office spaces as they long last. Since routers have default gateway IP address to log in and access the settings. For Telkom, you need to access it using 10.0.0.2 IP address.
“Telkom Wifi password forgotten” is the most common problem because users don’t store the credentials safely. Follow the below steps to access the settings.
When you have forgotten the password following two things can be done,
- Change the default login credentials or
- Reset the whole system by pressing and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
1) Changing the Default Login and Password
Step 1: URL
Open any browser, and enter the address http://10.0.0.2 in URL.
Step 2: Enter Login Credentials
On the login page, enter the default username and password. For Telkom the default credentials are:
- Password: admin
Step 3: Username and Password
Since default login is easy to get, it becomes very easy to hack as well so the very first thing is to set a unique username and strong alphanumeric password. Example: [email protected]& , #Insecond2019#@%$
Step 4: Set a unique SSID
SSID is a service set identifier. If it is left unchanged, anyone can guess and enter your router settings. To secure your router, change the SSID to something unique like Mr&MrsLinda or DomsRouter
Step 5: Update Security Settings
In the security tab of routers admin tool, enable WPA2-PSK encryption as its the current industry standard for network encryption.
2) Reset Telkom Router Password
To reset your router
Press and hold the reset button using a pointed clip for 15-30 seconds.
Release the clip and your router shall be configured to default settings
Following are the commonly faced problems
1) Cannot Access 10.0.0.2 From ADSL Router
In this case first, verify if you are using the correct address. Some of the popular modems and their IP addresses are listed below:
2) 10.0.0.2 is not Loading/Working
Make sure you are using the correct IP address for accessing the router admin tool.
If the address is correct then there is a high possibility that:
- There is some problem in the connection of your router and PC, ensure the wires are connected. Make sure the cable is connected properly. There should be a proper internet connection.
- If nothing works then reset the router and start the process again.
PS: 10.0.0.0.2 or 10.0.02 is the wrong address. Make sure you are entering the IP address correctly.
Following steps will help you out to change Dlink routers password.
Resetting Dlink Login Password:
- URL: For changing the password, access the page that lets you change the network settings. Open the local browser on your device which is currently connected to the same network.
Enter the address http://192.168.0.1 in your address bar. If this doesn’t work then you can try http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local
- Login Page: After you enter the correct URL you will be directed to the login page. By default on all the Dlink Routers, login username is admin and password is not usually assigned, so leave it blank(nothing).
- Settings Page: As you click on login you will enter the settings page. At the top, you will see the SETUP. Click on the wireless settings option on the left side of the screen.
- In the settings, look for the manual wireless network setup at the bottom and click on it.
- You will see a new screen, scroll down that page where it says “wireless security mode”. Here you will see the section called Pre-shared key.
- Here,enable WPA2 security in the wireless security mode section and create a strong password. Make sure it has alphanumeric and is long enough.
- Once done, click on save settings option and your password is changed.
Now that you know your default gateway IP, go to HTTP://<default IP address>, you will be able to see the login page.
4) 10.0.0.2 not Responding
Sometimes users are not able to enter login page because they make a mistake of using the wrong IP address to get the admin settings page. This shows an error which says “Web page not responding”. So check if you are entering the correct IP address for your router. For checking the IP address for your router you can use the following steps.
4.1 For Windows Users
- Go to the Start menu.
- Search for command prompt or click on RUN and see the CMD (command prompt)
- Once the command prompt is open, which is a black screen, type ipconfig and press enter.
- It will show you the IP address where you should try logging in. The IP address will be shown under the default gateway.
4.2 For MAC Users
- Go to search bar or just press Command+Spacebar
- Write terminal and press enter.
- A terminal screen appears type ipconfig and press enter.
- This will show you the IP address.
4.3 Alternate Option for MAC Users
- Open the Apple logo in the taskbar
- Click on the option system preferences and search for Network
- Now you will see your IP under the Status: Connected option.
Now after seeing default gateway IP address, go to HTTP://<default IP > or 10.0.0.2 DNS (If this is your default gateway address), search this in the address bar of your browser. Then you will be able to see the login page.